Formation & the Christian Life
Formation in the Christian life is a communal, inclusive experience that draws upon all the resources of the parish community.
St. Mark's understands that formation:
• Enables an individual to respond actively to the Christ's call to discipleship.
• Is for the young and the not-so-young, the working person and the retired person, the homebound and the robust,
• the inquirer and the proficient, the neighborhood and the community.
• Helps individuals know God.
• Helps individuals do what God wants.
St. Mark's parish offers lectionary based formation through worship, sermons, and the formal study of Scripture. Discussion forums enable a personal search within an understanding community. Special programs occur throughout the year, especially during the liturgical seasons of Lent and Advent.